The National Bureau of Civil Status is a Public Administrative Establishment with legal personality and financial autonomy. It was created by law no.2011 / 011 of 06 May 2011 modifying and supplementing certain provisions of ordinance no81 / 02 of 29 June 1981 relating to the organization of civil status and various provisions relating to the status of natural persons.
Placed under the technical supervision of the Ministry of Decentralization and Local Development (MINDDEVEL) and the financial supervision of the Ministry in charge of Finance, the organization and operation of BUNEC are set out in decree no.2013 / 031 of February 13, 2013.
BUNEC management bodies
The BUNEC management bodies are:
- Board of directors ;
- The general direction;
- Board of directors.
Composed of 11 members, the BUNEC Board of Directors is chaired by Mr. FAI YENGO Francis, all appointed by decree of the President of the Republic for a term of three (03) years renewable once (01).
The Board of Directors has the broadest powers to administer BUNEC, define and orient its general policy and assess its management within the limits set by its object.
As such, it:
sets the objectives and approves the annual action program of BUNEC;
- approves, on the proposal of the Chief Executive Officer, the organizational chart, the internal regulations, the remuneration grid and the employee benefits;
- adopts the BUNEC budget and finalizes the annual accounts and financial statements;
- appoints, on the proposal of the Chief Executive Officer, positions of responsibility from the rank of Deputy and equivalent Director;
- approves performance contracts or any other agreements, including loans, prepared by the Chief Executive Officer, and having an impact on the budget;
- authorizes participation in associations, groups or other professional bodies whose activity is linked to the missions of BUNEC;
- authorizes, after approval by the Minister in charge of finance and the Minister in charge of decentralized regional authorities, any disposal of movable and immovable, tangible property, in accordance with the legislation and regulations in force.
The general direction
Through a presidential decree of September 28, 2015, the BUNEC was given its executive. To this end, Messrs YOMO Alexandre Marie, Managing Director and ABDOULAYE ADJIALI BOUKAR, Deputy Managing Director, were appointed.
The Director General is responsible for the management and application of the general policy of BUNEC.
As such, it:
- prepares the budget, the annual financial statements and the activity reports;
- provides technical and administrative management of BUNEC;
- prepares the deliberations of the Board of Directors, attends its meetings in an advisory capacity and implements its decisions;
- recruits, appoints and dismisses staff, subject to the prerogatives recognized by the Board of Directors; fixes the remuneration and the benefits of the personnel in compliance with the laws and regulations in force, the internal regulations, the budget forecasts and the deliberations of the board of directors;
- manages the movable and immovable, tangible and intangible assets of the establishment, in accordance with its object and the provisions of article 10
takes, in the event of an emergency, all the protective measures necessary for the proper functioning of BUNEC, on the responsibility of reporting to the Board of Directors;
- represents the establishment in all acts of civil life and in court.
For the accomplishment of its missions, the General Management of BUNEC has the following services:
- A technical adviser responsible for carrying out all the missions entrusted to him by the Managing Director, or if necessary, the Deputy Managing Director;
- Related services which include: the Audit and Control Division, the Communication and Public Relations Unit, the Legal Affairs and Litigation Unit, the Translation Unit, the Training and Training Unit Awareness-raising, the Projects, Prospective and Cooperation Unit, the Mail and Documentation Service;
- The Central Administration composed of the Directorate of Standardization and Control of Civil Status Centers, the Directorate of Archives and Vital Statistics, the Directorate of Administrative and Financial Affairs, the Information Systems Division ;
- Regional Agencies: open at the level of each regional capital and placed under the authority of an agency chief, the Regional Agencies include: the Service for Monitoring the Operation of Civil Status Centers, the IT Service, of the File and Statistics, the Training and Awareness Service, the General Affairs Service, Reception and Mail Office, Documentation and Archives Office.
The financial provisions of BUNEC
Article 23 of decree no2013 / 031 of February 13, 2013 provides that the financial resources of BUNEC are made up of contributions from municipalities and urban communities according to the terms and conditions fixed by a specific text, the contribution from the Special Equipment Fund and 'Intermunicipal intervention and any other similar body, state grants and endowments, own resources from remunerated activities, all possible resources from international cooperation, or the management of which is entrusted to it with regard to its missions.
He is also appointed and designated within BUNEC, by the Minister in charge of finance, an accounting agent and a financial controller who must present to the board of directors their respective reports on the implementation of the BUNEC budget.
In its article 32 paragraph (1) the decree no2013 / 031 of February 13, 2013 provides that the BUNEC can employ the personnel recruited directly, the seconded officials and the agents of the State under the Labor Code, who are assigned to him the initiative of the Director General.
Recruitment and appointment to positions of responsibility are done in accordance with the positions and profiles defined in the organic framework of BUNEC.